- This event has passed.
Capturing the Buzz: Documenting Participation Workshop
23. January 2014 @ 15:00 - 18:00Free
***THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW COMPLETELY BOOKED OUT*** Hackers, artists, scientists, curators and everyone in between: you are invited to join us for this special workshop as part of VORSPIEL 2014 – transmediale Festival for Art & Digital Culture.
We will challenge ourselves with the question of how to capture the audience participation of a time-based media artwork, especially if an art piece is going viral and people start to connect and respond to the work in various ways – by sharing, commenting or remixing it online. What does this mean for the documentation of this piece of art? Is participation creating a new “version” of the piece, with the participants as co-creators?
Seeing that new dimensions and layers can be added through these forms of immediate interaction and communication, this raises new issues related to the lifecycle of a time-based media artwork – especially for those art pieces living outside of the museum and gallery context.
This workshop will serve as an inventory for anyone who is interested in challenging their curatorial practice and reaching beyond the limits of artistic representation.
Organisers: Tina Mariane Krogh Madsen [Independent Curator] & Ela Kagel [Founder & Curator of SUPERMARKT].
- Maru Ituarte, visual artist and researcher with a formation in philosophy and experience in project and process management, classification of metadata, and media production.
- Melanie Zagrean & Pierre Wolter, founders / curators of the gallery “Art Claims Impulse”
- Wolf Lieser, founder of DAM GALLERY Berlin|Frankfurt
- Robert Sakrowski, Art Historian. Founder & curator of projects like netart-datenbank.org at TU Berlin, net.artdatabase.org (together with Constant Dullaart), or CuratingYouTube.net.
Registration: Free entry, but please email email@example.com to reserve your place.
Facebook event: http://on.fb.me/1brCktE