- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Garment Upcycling Workshop mit Anita Heiberg
25. November 2014 @ 18:00 - 21:00€40
Not sure what to do with that old sweater, pair of jeans or blouse that doesn’t quite fit anymore? Why not turn it into something fresh, you’ll love to wear again! Bring in any old, damaged or unloved piece of clothing or fabric and I’ll show you ways of upcycling it into something new. I’ll share a few common upgrades you can make, how to evaluate what can be saved and what should be tossed, and give you one-on-one advice for the piece you bring in. Suitable for beginner to advanced sewers.
– Starter kit of: thread, pins, needles and a pair of scissors is included (10€ value)
– Some sewing machines will be available, if you don’t have one.
– Bring in at least one piece of clothing or a few, and any fabric, buttons or accessories you want to add.
– Optional: Basic sewing tools (scissors, sewing needles, pins, thread) and if you have your own sewing machine, bring that as well
Wenn: 25.11.2014, 18:00-21:00
Fee: 40€ (excl. Eventbrite fee)
Anita Heiberg is a designer, entrepreneur and lecturer from Vancouver, Canada. She came to Berlin to study in the masters program in Sustainabilty in Fashion from Esmod University and stayed on after graduating to found the crowdsourced sustainable fashion design platform – 13Dresses.com . Her work with 13 Dresses and as a freelancer often combines technology, innovation, and sustainability in design and production. In 2013, Anita’s Upcycled trenchcoat design was chosen for Hessnatur’s first Serial Upcycling competition, and the limited edition collection was sold through their website in spring 2014.